Hario Coffee Press - Black
This variant is currently sold out.
The Hario Coffee or Tea Press
French Press or Plunger - whatever the name, it is a simple immersion method of making a tasty cup of coffee anywhere. Just add hot water to fresh, coarsely ground coffee.
The glass is lined with measurements so you can brew even without a scale. Or, use a ratio of 1:12. 300ml water to 25g coffee / 600ml water to 50g coffee
Instructions for 2cup / 4cup Press
- Hot water - just off the boil
- Coarsely grind 25g / 50g of coffee and put into 'Press'.
- Add 50g / 100g hot water to coffee grinds. Stir and let 'bloom' for 30 seconds.
- Add remaining hot water (250ml / 500ml) and set lid on top - don't plunge.
- Wait 3-4 minutes and plunge. Drink right away or pour into thermos to keep warm. Don't let the coffee sit in the grinds.
Materials - Heat-resistant glass, stainless steel and polypropylene.
Size - W 139 x D 93 x H 116mm (2 cup) / W 139 x D 93 x H 172mm (4 cup)
Capacity - 300ml (2 cup) / 600ml (4 cup) - practical capacity
Weight (incl box) - 300g (2 cup) / 340g (4 cup)